Eleanor was born in Poland in 1946 and arrived with her family in Canada in 1953. As a child she attended the North Toronto Collegiate. For her post-secondary education she attended the University of Toronto and earned herself an Honors Bachelor of Physical and Health Education in 1968. She then went to the University of Western Ontario and got her LL.B in 1975 and was called to the bar in 1977. She was a founding Member and Board member of a number of community organizations, including The Women’s Community House and The Battered Women’s advocacy Clinic from 1976 to 1991. Then she was appointed Judge to the Ontario Court of Justice on March 1, 1991. On top of all that she was a Member of the musical group “The Treble Makers” since 2001.